Wake Forest University named its Admissions Building and Welcome Center in memory of William G. Starling, former dean of admissions and financial aid, at an Oct. 26 ceremony on the building’s front lawn.
The university also unveiled a portrait of Starling at the ceremony, which will hang in William G. Starling Hall.
Starling, who died this year, joined the admissions office in 1958 and was among the longest serving directors of admissions in the country. More than 30,000 freshmen enrolled at Wake Forest during his tenure. Many of those met with him while visiting campus.
Starling Hall is on Wake Forest Road near the Reynolda Road entrance to campus.
Sign up for weekly news highlights.Subscribe