Wake Forest University students lived up to the motto of Pro Humanitate last week while raising approximately $190,000 at various philanthropy events.
The annual Hit the Bricks relay race raised more than $60,000 for cancer research. More than 900 runners ran 20,296 laps around Hearn Plaza in the 8-hour event raising money for the Brian Piccolo Cancer Research Fund.
Additionally, students in several fraternities and sororities raised nearly $130,000 in the last week, including:
- Chi Omega sorority raised over $83,500 from its annual silent and live auction benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Brian Piccolo Foundation;
- Alpha Delta Pi sorority raised $27,000 for the Ronald McDonald House from its annual Gala for Giving on family weekend;
- Kappa Delta sorority raised $7,000 from its auction benefiting Prevent Child Abuse America;
- Delta Delta Delta sorority raised $5,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; and
- Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity raised over $5,000 for the American Burn Foundation.
Sign up for weekly news highlights.Subscribe