“The primary goal of redesigning our online newsroom has been to help journalists covering Wake Forest do their jobs quicker, easier and better.” Katie Neal, executive director, news and communications
“Now news.wfu.edu is the digital extension of our team’s guiding philosophy: make telling Wake Forest stories a positive experience for news media by providing them as much content, access and support as possible,” Neal said.
It is easier than ever to access b-roll or download an image directly from a story, find the right media relations contact for a particular topic, share content on social media or subscribe to weekly coverage reports.
Key features and benefits of the enhanced online newsroom include:
- Headlines – A modular design clearly showcases the single source for University announcements, story ideas, videos, photos, expert pitches and more.
- Experts – Searchable by keyword or name, an updated expert directory, powered by ExpertFile, features faculty and staff who can offer informed perspectives and commentary on a range of timely topics.
- Popular Stories – This one-stop-shop centralizes the most important information about stories frequently of national interest, such as test-optional admissions and career development.
- Election Experts – Representing a wide range of academic areas, this collection features faculty who can share their expertise on a variety of election-related topics.
- Resources – Information about Wake Forest’s broadcast TV studio, ISDN radio access, directions to campus, logos and more can be found here.
Sign up for weekly news highlights.Subscribe